Cancer Expert Search

Cancer ExpertCancer Expert: Search
Enter your question and submit. Use a complete English sentence for better results.
Cancer Expert, © 2012-2013, ctSearch - Context Search Engine.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A touching Account, There is hope!

Space for yourself

I met her as a writer. We spoke as we were friends. It was her English paper that day and she seemed happy and gay. She dictated and I wrote. Oh, it was tough. I hardly could cope. Grammar was fun. Letter a drag. Essay a delight, let me tell you why.
The topic was subjective so I wondered what she would say. She said that it is going to be a task for me and I started to pray. She sighed, she began and what a beginning it was! I thought to myself, `If I hadn't come to write for her, it would have been such a loss'. She narrated incidents and said she had lost all hope. She said `I would often say "World is not a place for me, life has no scope". To this her mother replied, "If the world doesn't have space for you, then better make one for yourself." The words made her strong. She concluded her friends were wrong. She charged and barged and came right through. The struggles and challenges that would have seemed like mountains to me and you. She stood up on her feet challenging life, she has made place for herself with dignity and pride. She said and I wrote, the narration of her life. I was glad I could learn so much from her strife.
As she left the hall, I watched her till she faded away in a distance. I wished her well and that was all I could say in that particular instance. She walked with support, her speech was unclear, and she said that she had to go for therapy that day but she was extremely tired. She doesn't realize what she has taught me, challenging something that was so hardwired. I realized that determination comes with intention. I realized that at some point in time I may feel that life has no scope but it will remind me that if the world doesn't have space for me, I need to make one for myself.
Sandhya. N

No comments: